Automated Text Analysis
Every day we analyse thousands of patient experiences for some of the most prestigious healthcare organisations in the UK and Australia. Our unique automated text analysis software analyses feedback comments, stories, reviews, complaints, emails and notes. It makes sense of them in real-time so that you can take quick action, whether it is sharing positive feedback or making changes for improvement. Patient survey questions can tell you the ‘what’, but only free-text comments will help you understand the ‘why’. A large healthcare organisation can collect 10,000 feedback comments a month; analysing that many is like reading a novel and categorising every sentence!
By using our solution, healthcare professionals can automatically generate insights across 32 themes including patient emotions, non-clinical and clinical service quality, communications, staff attitudes and capabilities, and co-ordination of services.
Our interactive dashboard presents data in real-time and delivers sentiment analysis, trends, word clouds, and the ability to drill down all the way to individual comments as well as filter data by patient demographics, staff groups, and care location.
Over thirty-three thousand keywords and phrases found in real patient experiences along with Natural Language Processing and complex algorithms, ensure the right insights are presented to the right people at the right time.
Thousands of healthcare professionals access our dashboards and insights on a daily basis. The information is being put to work in various ways:
- Continuous improvements are made every month on ward level
- Insights are presented in hospital board reports and used to inform decision makers
- Results have been used by Trusts to provide evidence in CQC inspections
Some examples of outcomes:
- Improved co-ordination of services – less waiting, right information at right time, changed behaviours among receptionists
- Improved stroke rehabilitation pathway
- Reduced noise at night in wards, more seating in right places, wider food choices
- Improved morale and teamwork by celebrating positive behaviours by staff which in turn has had a positive impact on culture!
We help healthcare organisations drive improvement at scale. By bridging the gap between ward and board, we help decision makers design better healthcare for all, based on what’s really happening at the frontline of care.